In my previous posts The Law of Attraction #1 and The Law of Attraction #2 I attempted to explain some fundamental concepts and ways you can start using the law of attraction in your own life. I have been reading The Secret and I thought it might be useful to provide a summary of some of the things I have been learning. I really encourage you to acquire the book, it is incredible, and contains some great quotes interspersed between the writing of the author Rhonda Bryne. Not only is this an excellent book, but it is so well made, printed, and illustrated. I have the hardcover version, which I highly recommend. I can’t speak to the quality of the paperback version.
The second chapter of The Secret is “The Secret Made Simple”, some of the key concepts shared in that chapter include:
- The law of attraction is a law of nature and as such is always working. It is not something you need to invoke.
- It is very important to know how you are feeling. If you want to understand what you are thinking you must ask yourself what am I feeling. If I am feeling good it would be impossible to be thinking bad thoughts.
- Thoughts determine what frequency you are on. If you are feeling bad you are on frequency that is attracting more bad things into your life, conversely if you are feeling good then you are on a frequency that will attract more good things.
- There is this concept of secret shifters, which is merely a set of thoughts or activities that you can use to break the pattern of bad thoughts. These can be personal experiences, nature, music, or maybe even a form of exercise that can be used to break the pattern of bad thoughts. Try as we may we will all slip into a negative thinking pattern from time to time and need to have some ready ways to shift our thoughts back in a positive direction.
- When it comes to frequency the feeling of love is the strongest frequency you can possess. Strive to embrace the feeling of love as much as possible, because it will enhance your results.
The real takeaway here is that the way you feel is critically important. The way you feel will guide you to change your thoughts, because the thoughts you are thinking are making you feel good or bad. Pay attention to how you feel as it is a key indicator of what is going on in your mind, and will help you stay on course or make a correction.
In my next post I will share more of what I am learning from The Secret and how to use the law of attraction.