I was just reading an article on the health benefits of Yoga, and wanted to add my two cents to the topic. We all do yoga for different reasons and often a set of common reasons. The health benefits of yoga mentioned in the article below include:
- The personal time you spend on yoga reduces stress and boosts your immunity
- Yoga poses done correctly combine exercise and breathing allowing you to control your mind and breathing
- Yoga poses and sequences like sun salutations have a slimming effect on the body helping to keep you lean
- Yoga poses strengthen and lengthen your muscles improving your sitting and standing posture
- Yoga combined with meditation makes you happier, more joyful, and loving
Let me throw in a few of my own benefits of doing yoga:
- Many of us work in an office, spending much of our day sitting in a chair which tends if anything to constrict or tighten muscles in your back and hamstrings for instance. Yoga can combat this situation by elongating those muscles reversing much of the damage done by sitting all day. Many yoga poses also help you elongate the spinal column, and other joints like your knees and shoulders.
- Yoga has many things in common with meditation in that to perform an asana correctly you must stop thinking about other things and focus on the pose and your breathing. For this reason you begin to let go of other thoughts and relax your mind and your body. For most of us this doesn’t happen for but a few moments during the day, and yoga can help you just be in the moment.
- There is a great efficiency to doing yoga in that it takes maybe 20 – 30 minutes to perform a fairly extensive routine where you start to realize the benefits mentioned above. So yoga is a very efficient form of exercise for both the mind and body. This is meaningful for those of you have so much to to do, and for all of you who have other fitness interest like running, biking, and strength training for instance.
- Yoga complements other fitness activities by stretching the muscles helping runners and strength training devotes alike, keeping their muscles loose and helping with recovery. You won’t find too many runners or serious weight lifters who don’t stretch. Yoga provides a more comprehensive opportunity to really stretch all the body parts in a very structured way helping the runner or strength trainer to stay healthy and manage pain.
What benefits have you received from you your yoga practice?
Health benefits of yoga: http://www.healthcaremagic.com/insights/why-yoga-is-important-to-your-health/40
3 thoughts on “Benefits of Yoga”
Hi, it’s hard to find josephsacco.com in google, i found it on 34 spot, you should build some high quality backlinks, i know what can help you, just search in google for – edaya traffic increase
You are so cool! I don’t suppose I’ve truly read through anything like that before.
So good to find another person with genuine thoughts on this subject matter.
Really.. thank you for starting this up. This website is something
that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality!
I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this blog on regular basis to get updated from newest information.