It’s is Thanksgiving again, so what does that mean to most of you, watching 15 hours of NFL football, spending time with your family, eating turkey and all the things that come with it? I received an email from my mother today, and where she was thankful for her children and I thought maybe there is more to this day than just stuffing my face and watching 3 football games in a row.
Maybe this holiday is really about acknowledging what we are thankful for, and in that case let me give it a shot:
- I am thankful for my family who always has my back no matter how stupid I act or whatever I do.
- I am thankful for my wife who accepts me for all my faults.
- I am thankful for my work that has provided for me and my immediate family for so many years.
- I am thankful for living in the U.S.A. where I have been blessed with so much opportunity.
- I am thankful for those who follow my blog and read my rambling philosophical writing.
- I am thankful for having a comfortable place to sleep and enough food to eat.
While I am thankful for so much that has been bestowed on me, I am also concerned about the many who do not share my good fortune. My wish for all of you is that you can be grateful for what you have this thanksgiving day.
Hopefully we can all find something to be thankful for. Even when we struggle there is always something we can be grateful for. I wish you all the best this holiday weekend!